Datto Continuity for Microsoft Azure has arrived
Public cloud adoption is rapidly increasing for small and medium-sized businesses (SMBs): A forecast from Gartner, Inc. anticipates worldwide spending by end users on public cloud services to grow 23.1% in 2021.
That translates to a total of $332.3 billion, far surpassing the $270 billion spent in 2020.
Now, managed service providers (MSPs) can protect their clients as they transition to the leading cloud provider for SMBs: Datto is excited to announce the availability of Datto Continuity for Microsoft Azure, a best-in-class business continuity and disaster recovery (BCDR) solution built exclusively to meet the needs of MSPs.
With Datto Continuity for Microsoft Azure, MSPs now have the ability to customize protection and streamline recovery for critical business infrastructure residing in Microsoft Azure. When paired with cloud technology, this comprehensive BCDR solution enables new revenue streams as you support your clients and transition to Infrastructure-as-a-Service (IaaS) models.
Secure Azure Cloud Backup, Made for MSPs
Malicious ransomware attacks, security breaches, and vendor outages are all persistent threats for MSPs and their clients’ data in the public cloud. Datto Continuity for Microsoft Azure leverages the secure Datto Cloud to provide MSPs with additional public cloud data protection and recovery through multi-cloud replication.
This combination of data protection, management, and streamlined recovery is delivered at a flat-rate predictable cost. It also eliminates the need for you to assemble ad-hoc technology solutions or fully rely on native Microsoft Azure backup services.
The reliable cloud services of Microsoft Azure have made it the large public cloud provider of choice for SMBs—as well as the MSPs who service them—thanks to its strengths in building, deploying, and managing intelligent applications. Many end users are unaware of Microsoft’s Shared Responsibility Model, however, which states that while Microsoft is responsible for the security of the physical hosts, network, and data centers, their customers must secure and protect all Azure-contained applications, data, and endpoints.
Under the Shared Responsibility Model, it’s up to MSPs to ensure that reliable BCDR protection is in place for their clients’ workloads, across both on-premises servers and the public cloud. Our newly introduced Datto Continuity for Microsoft Azure gives you confidence that your clients’ Azure workloads are protected. You’ll benefit from a range of features made specifically to meet the demanding requirements of MSPs, while scaling your business.
Key Datto Continuity for Microsoft Azure capabilities include:
- Efficient deployment: Delivers fast and easy onboarding, with a 3-click set-up process that enables your first backup within 15 minutes.
- Hybrid data protection: Provides data protection for both on-premise and Azure virtual machine (VM) workloads from a single portal.
- Multi-cloud replication: Eliminates single-cloud risk with secondary replication to the secure and reliable Datto Cloud—achieve better Recovery Time Objectives (RTOs) and performs backups every hour for a one-hour Recovery Point Objective (RPO).
- End-to-end protection: Ensures consistent management and protection—from endpoint to server to cloud—by leveraging Datto Continuity for Microsoft Azure alongside the Datto Unified Continuity product suite that includes SIRIS, Alto, Cloud Continuity for PCs, and SaaS Protection.
- Cloud Deletion Defense: Enables easy recovery of the entire dataset of backups deleted, either during an agent deletion or when deleting all cloud backups.
- Virtualization to the Datto Cloud: Allows you to recover workloads within seconds in the event that Azure has an outage.
- Automatic boot verification of backups: Validates that your backups are running as expected, with patented screenshot verification.
- 24/7/365 support: You’ll have direct access to our award-winning, always-on support team.
Built for Your Business
In addition to the technology, we’ve designed Datto Continuity for Microsoft Azure with your business firmly in mind. Its predictable pricing model helps you to scale and grow, with one flat easy-to-understand bill for all associated BCDR costs, with zero egress costs for MSPs.
This approach creates durable margins, without the hassle of estimating public cloud service costs or unexpected charges. The result: a cloud-native solution with reduced total cost of ownership for MSPs, so you can quickly scale endpoints with high levels of security and reliability.
Datto Continuity for Microsoft Azure is available immediately in the United States, Canada, UK, Ireland, Australia, and New Zealand through an Early Access Program that includes introductory pricing until December. Global availability, with additional integrations and feature enhancements, is expected by the end of 2021.
For more information on the Early Access Program, please join us for a webinar series! Visit here to register.
At Datto, we create the roadmap for Managed Service Providers. We constantly innovate and experiment to empower our partners and drive the industry forward. Datto’s proven Unified Continuity, Networking, and Business Management solutions drive cyber resilience, efficiency, and growth for MSPs. Delivered via an integrated platform, Datto’s solutions help its global ecosystem of channel partners serve over one million businesses around the world. We’re open and down-to-earth by nature and we always advocate for MSPs.