Ansible for Windows Automation Virtual Workshop
Wednesday, 28 October 2020
12:00PM - 4:00PM
Complimentary Virtual Workshop
Who is this workshop best for?
This instructor-led workshop is intended for people who want to learn the basics of Ansible Automation including Ansible Tower to automate Windows environments. This hands-on workshop details utilising Windows modules with Ansible Playbooks, authoring playbooks using Visual Studio Code, commit and push playbooks to a git repository and then later automating them with Ansible Tower.
Join if you have never tried Red Hat Ansible Automation for Windows environments.
Who Can Benefit?
This workshop is geared toward windows administrators, cloud administrators, DevOps engineers, security professionals and anyone interested in windows automation.
Requirements for attendees
- Attendees must use their own personal laptop with admin rights and the ability to SSH to a lab environment hosted in a public cloud.
- Attendees should have working knowledge of using SSH and command line shell (BASH) as well as a conceptual understanding of linux system administration (how to use simple commands like cd, ls, mv, mkdir, etc).
- Attendees should have working knowledge of at least one Linux text editor (nano, pico, vi/vim, zile, emacs) with which to write Ansible playbooks.
- What is Ansible and The Ansible Way
- How Ansible Works and its Key Components
- Ansible Tower Demo
- Hands-on: Configuring Ansible Tower
- Hands-on: Ad-hoc commands in Tower
- Hands-on: Writing Your First playbook
- Hands-on: Creating and Running a Job Template
- Hands-on: Using Variables, Loops, and Handlers
- Hands-on: Roles – Making your playbooks reusable
- Wrap Up
Virtual Workshop details to be announced to registrants via email soon. Questions? Please contact Rebecca Innes, email@example.com
Red Hat is the world’s leading provider of enterprise open source solutions, using a community-powered approach to deliver high-performing Linux, cloud, container, and Kubernetes technologies.