Could Kiwis who pay off cyber ransoms land in jail?
Plus: Instagram is 10, Naughty IT guy jailed, Windows XP shame + more
Sarah Putt joins Paul Spain on the latest NZ Tech Podcast discussing – angry IT guy lands in jail and a $300k fine, Spark / Team New Zealand have opened the 5G Race Zone, Scott Bartlett steps down as Kordia CEO, Google Nest Router / Wifi, Instagram is 10, New Zealand clings to old Windows, could ransom payments lead to jail time?
Listen to the Podcast here:
Highlights on this episode with Sarah Putt and Paul Spain:
- IT guy wipes systems and get jail plus NZ$300,000 fine
- Spark / Team New Zealand have opened the 5G Race Zone
- Arrival of Google Nest Router and Wifi devices in the NZ market – via a partnership with retailers and Internet provider Orcon – though it is arriving 11-months after be launched in the U.S.
- Instagram is 10!
- New Zealand still clinging on to Windows 7 and Windows XP
- Could jail time be on the cards for those paying cyber ransoms?
- Scott Bartlett has stepped down as CEO of Kordia due to further issues following taking time off recently following multiple brain tumours – we wish him the best and hope to see him back soon